click on photo to enlarge
Purchased "new" in Jan, 2002. I began the restoration process shortly after purchase. After 6 month's work, the inside is almost completed. The outside will be started immediately after completing the inside. While the results differ from what I had originally envisioned, I must admit I am more than thrilled with how the restoration is turning out. I may have gone a little overboard with some of the details like the ceramic counter top, wood floor and crown molding etc., but she was a very unique trailer to begin with, so she deserved a unique restoration. As can be seen in these before pictures, she was in pretty sad shape and in need of a lot of TLC. The cabinet above the sink was badly chopped up and would need rebuilding. It has been a lot of fun and a learning experience for me.
I decided to make the dinette a permanent bed and use the space underneath for storage. The first step in rebuilding was to rebuild the damaged cabinet above the counter. Having no experience with fiberglass I decided to rebuild it with 1/4" wood as can be seen in the next pictures. The next step was to re-mount the cabinet and then begin renovating the counter and lower cabinet. I removed the fridge as it was also in poor shape. I installed a microwave and cabinet in its place. I also installed a new electronic ignition furnace and power panel.. Things were beginning to take shape. I began painting the ceiling white using a semi-gloss white acrylic enamel paint which really began to brighten things up as.
I decided to paint the interior 2 colors. The ceiling and the front wall by the sofa are white, the rest of the walls are painted Marino Wool. I made some crown molding to separate the 2 colors where they meet on the walls. I then put recessed lighting in the molding. The cabinets are the same color as the walls, the doors are white. I painted the rubber trim on the cabinets forest green. Then put in wood flooring. By this time I was having a lot of fun and getting a little carried away with the restoration. I put molding around the lower cabinet and microwave. Then the counter top looked too drab. I painted the stove with heat resistant white paint and then decided to install light gray ceramic tile on the counter to and trimmed it with forest green molding. I still have a little detail work before the inside will be considered finished, then I will move on to painting the outside of the trailer.
After many many months of work, she's done! I added a folding extension for the counter and tiled it to match. I'm thinking about moving the air conditioner from the back window to the bottom of the closet..........someday.
The outside was sanded and I painted it with paint for fiberglass boats. I painted it with rollers!! The belly band looked drab, so I highlighted it with 1/4" wide gold pin striping. Adds a nice touch. The Boler name on the windshield cover was beyond repair so I put a simple graphic on it. I removed the windows and put in new putty to seal them, then I sanded the front frame and painted it flat black
IT'S DONE..............FOR NOW
Other "Glass" Trailer Links